Join Our Team: Production Assistant
Melanie Katsalidis Jewellery
2 days / 14 hours per week (Monday and Wednesday)
Casual employment covering a maternity leave position
Commencing 11th January 2021
Applications close 30th December 2020
You’ll be working closely with Melanie to build the Melanie Katsalidis brand and deliver to market. The aim is to build Melanie Katsalidis jewellery into a nationally recognised brand with the view to then grow into international markets. You will assist with the continued development of the e-commerce platform, manage the production and design schedule, client bespoke meetings and orders and implement efficient and cost effective systems.
The role would also require you to work approximately 2-4 hours a week as a retail assistant at Pieces of Eight Gallery (the same workplace site) to support the retail staff with taking quotes and orders, running bespoke client meetings plus regular retail sales duties. Note there is potential for your role to expand into 3 to 4 days a week total as the business grows.
- A background in jewellery manufacturing/production/gemstones/diamonds is strongly preferred.
- Administration skills and a good knowledge of Google Mail/Docs/Sheets and Microsoft Office plus Photoshop are critical.
- Qualities we’re looking for include a close attention to detail, good time management, the ability to work independently and remaining calm under pressure.
- Retail and customer service experience is also important.
To apply, please send a single page cover letter providing a summary of your background and how you feel you are best suited to the role. Please also include your CV and email email@example.com no later than 30th December 2020.
Note this role is to fill in for our current production assistant who will be on maternity leave until the end of 2021.
- Oversee all Melanie Katsalidis orders, quotes, and production and manage time frames.
- Oversee and support workshop and production operations.
- Manage spreadsheet of all costings. Have a clear understanding of the cost of manufacture of all products.
- Work with existing suppliers and foster these relationships.
- Source new and existing suppliers as needed and aim to improve cost to profit ratio where appropriate (e.g. bulk chain / metal, findings, etc.)
- Regularly report on sales of stock, social media data and offer feedback on future direction and production based on customer trends and purchases.
- Improve margins, efficiencies and ordering of materials where possible.
- Liaise with the workshop team to manage stock, orders and ordering of materials. Update the production work stock list fortnightly.
- Work closely with Melanie and assist in managing her time and design direction. Keep her on track with timelines, scheduled releases of new collections and production dates.
- Manage the existing stockist/supplier contact list and update as needed.
- Streamline the Melanie Katsalidis stock list / inventory system (uniform stock codes etc) to make production more efficient; manage master spreadsheet.
- Review sales monthly, assessing best selling items, how to reduce production costs, provide suggestions for stock improvement, top-ups required and new design opportunities to explore based on data/feedback/market trends.
- Manage and improve the gemstone stock and their inventory management.
- Manage delivery of wholesale orders including correspondence, invoicing, packing and shipping.
- Investigate new stockists for production and precious collections.
- Manage gemstone stock and improve sales of loose gemstones via Melanie Katsalidis and Pieces of Eight websites and social media accounts (with a view to increase bespoke orders).
- Reviewing data on sales and website; offer marketing and budget decisions plus projections based on this.
- Upload new products to the website, curate collections, review and refresh homepage and collections images.
- Manage stock levels across Pieces of Eight and Melanie Katsalidis websites according to weekly sales reports.
- Suggest Journal content ideas.
- Coordinating regular photography of new products, including bespoke orders. You will work with our digital media manager on this, inline with scheduled Pieces of Eight photoshoots.
- Ensure all new pieces are photographed for the website and for marketing purposes.
- Take in house photos and videos for clients as requested using the MK phone camera.
- Provide input and direction on development of marketing campaigns for Melanie Katsalidis jewellery based on sales data and client feedback.
- Contribute ideas to fortnightly EDM's, created by our digital manager.
- Contribute ideas/regular visual content for social media (Facebook and Instagram)
- Contribute ideas for Journal content
- Manage online enquiries and sales (across e-commerce and social) with support from the retail team.
The Melanie Katsalidis Team